Meaning of Staffing:
The term ‘staffing’ refers to the recruitment, selection, development, training, and compensation of managerial personnel. Staff is the managerial task of recruitment, selection, training, development, promotion, and compensation of personnel.
Staffing can be defined as the process of hiring and developing the personnel necessary to fill various positions in the organization. This includes estimating the required numbers and types of personnel, hiring and developing them, maintaining and improving their competence and performance.
Staffing is the process of identifying, assessing, placing, developing, and evaluating eligible candidates in the organization or company for specific positions.
In other words, staffing is the traditional management task of attracting and selecting the best people and hiring them where their talents and skills can be best utilized, and these people are retained and encouraged through incentives, job training and job promotion programs. It helps in achieving both personal and organizational objectives. It emphasizes human management and not physical or financial resources.
Staffing is the function of human relations in an organizational structure with staff. Staffing in that part of the management function that is concerned with people in work and their relationships within the organization.
Definition of Staffing:
According to Koontz and judged Donnell:
“The managerial function of staffing involves managing the organizational structure through the appropriate and effective selection, evaluation, and personnel development to fill roles designed in the structure.”
Staffing is defined as “recruiting and filling vacant positions in the organization or company for a specific position.”. This is done by identifying the needs of the workforce, enlisting the available people, recruiting, selecting, retaining, promoting, evaluating, career planning, compensation, training, developing existing employees or new recruits So that they can carry out their tasks effectively and efficiently. ”
1. The first and most important function is to obtain qualified personnel for the position of various jobs in the organization.
2. In staffing, the right person is recruited for the right jobs, so it leads to maximum productivity and high performance.
3. Training and development through mentoring and performance evaluation.
4. It helps in promoting optimum utilization of human resources through various aspects.
5. It helps in maintaining healthy labor relations.
6. Helps employee welfare, including employee safety and health.
7. The recruitment of the right person increases job satisfaction and morale of workers.
8. It helps to ensure better utilization of human resources.
9. It helps in maintaining effective discipline and control mechanism
10. It ensures continuity and growth of the organization through development managers.