A complaint letter is a type of letter written to address the problem arising from any kind of wrongful work, crime, complaint, product, service, etc. The complaint letter is used to lift your concerns about inappropriate things and to achieve a productive result. They are also used to expose the feelings arising from your sadness or bad experience. The quest for justice originated from any injustice is the fundamental right and duty of a citizen, which is started by a complaint. After that, the complaint letter, be the first step towards your consumer rights. They inspire other troubled consumers, influence the authorities concerned to take appropriate action and make the defaulter more responsible, responsible and accountable. This is because the unresponsive behavior of the culprit is responsible for the proceedings of the criminal court or the expensive lawsuit.
Tips to compose a powerful complaint letter:
- Be clear and compact. Portray the thing or service you purchased and the problem. Incorporate sequential or model numbers, and the name and area of the vendor. In case you’re following up on a discussion, make sure to state who you talked with and affirm the subtleties of your discourse.
- State precisely what you need to do and to what extent you’re willing to sit tight for a reaction. Be sensible.
- Do not write an annoying, satiric or intimidated letter. The individual perusing your letter most likely isn’t in charge of the problem, yet it might be extremely useful in settling it.
- Include duplicates of significant reports, similar to receipts, work requests, and guarantees. You also might need to send duplicates of emails and notes from discussions you’ve had with the dealer about the problem. Keep your firsts.
- Include your name and contact information. If an account is included, make sure to include the account number.
- You might need to send your letter by ensured mail and solicitation an arrival receipt. That way, you’ll have confirmation that the organization got your letter and who marked it.
Complaint Letter Format:
Your city, state, zip code
(Your email address on sending via email)
Contact Person’s Name (if available)
Title (if available)
name of the company
Consumer Complaints Division (if you have no specific contact)
Dear contact person or organization name):
Re (account number, if applicable)
On (date), (location and other important details of transaction), I (bought, leased, rented, or repaired) one (with product name, serial or model number, or service).
Unfortunately, your (product or service) did not perform well (or the service was insufficient) because (state of problem). I am disappointed because (explain the problem here, for example- The service was not done correctly, The product does not work properly; I was billed the wrong amount; some were not clearly disclosed Or was presented incorrectly; etc).
To solve the problem, I would appreciate your (the specific work you want: refund, charge credit, repair, exchange, etc.). Attached copies of my records (do not submit original) (receipts, guarantees, warranties, canceled checks, contracts, models and serial numbers, and any other documents included).
I look forward to your reply and resolve my problem and wait till the customer protection agency or better business bureau asks for help (set deadline). Please contact me at the above address or on the phone (with house code at home and/or office number).
Also read | Newsletter | Advantages of Newsletter
Complaint Letter Template: